Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blog Post #1: Coffeeneuring 2014

I live and ride a bike in NYC. Let's just get that out of the way and have everybody agree that I might be a little crazy.

My bike is a Surly Cross Check, with Schwalbe Big Apple tires, and one gear. It's not a fixie because I like coasting too much, and I have breaks on it.  Apparently, if you have a fixie, you can't be cool AND have breaks...so I choose breaks over being cool.



I heard about coffeeneuring one day in November of 2013 after clicking on too many links on too many different bike blogs. I eventually ended up here: http://chasingmailboxes.com/, read about coffeeneuring, and instantly loved the idea. You see, I can be a bit lazy, so having a challege to get me out the door and on my bike is exactly what I need...otherwise, there's a Broncos game on that I can happily watch.

The drawback of finding out last November, is that it was only one week from being over, and there is no way that I could still participate. So, I had to wait until Fall 2014. Skip over a lot of stuff... and Coffeeneuring season 2014 is now here!

No comments:

Post a Comment